Tasks and services
The office for EU projects and vocational qualification of the District Government of Dusseldorf (GEB) was established in 1999 by the Ministry for School and Development of the State of North-Rhine Westphalia (NRW) with the aim of carrying out EU projects as well as projects involving business.
The EU office of department 45 - vocational colleges - advises and supports vocational schools of the district of Duesseldorf by planning, implementing and evaluating European educational projects.
In addition, the office ensures a district and national transfer of project content and results in vocational educational training (VET). Projects are mainly funded by the Erasmus+ program for education, training, youth and sport (2014-2020).
Tasks and services include the following:
- to support vocational colleges in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of EU vocational training projects
- cooperation with companies, universities, chambers, foundations, the National Agency and other institutions involved in vocational training
- information on EU programs, funding opportunities and European VET policies
- advice on the selection, creation and planning of projects
- help in building a European network
- support in the dissemination of project results
- promotion of projects for innovation and structural development in vocational education and training in NRW